Saturday 8 September 2012

Dizzy About Autumn

I am so excited! Autumn is so close and I love it!!
Autumn has always been pretty awesome though, Crunching leaves, Collecting conkers, Puddle splashing (although I think there’s been a fair bit of that this summer too), Wooly jumpers and scarves come out. Autumn is very…. Cosy!!
But we’re at that bit just before Autumn really kicks in, Summer weather is usually pretty nice in September.. We have those REALLY hot days, and the odd chilly ones, but you begin to see the leaves turning and falling already.
September reminds me of starting back to school, and playing on the playground near the sycamore tree, where on the ground we’d find ‘helicopters’! Of course they weren’t real helicopters, but sycamore seeds. My friends and I would collect them up, and with a collective “1, 2, 3!” throw them in the air, and then watch mesmerised as they spun to the ground… and then we’d do it all again!
I couldn’t resist but base this weeks treasury somewhat on those experiences, so I created “Dizzy!“. The treasury full of things that ‘spin’, including some beautiful artwork featuring sycamore and maple seeds. I hope you like it.

Dizzy! Etsy Treasury
It’s not just Autumn I have been getting excited about this week. Having spent some time working through my business plan, I have spent a lot of time looking at marketing strategies, SWOT, USP’s and all sorts of other stuff. I can’t believe how much I hadn’t even considered about my business, and I have found it challenging to say the least.
Anyway, trying not to fall to far off topic, marketing strategies really got me thinking about how much (or how little) I actually do.  I have the business cards, the car magnet, postcards, Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, blogs, and I attend craft fairs, but I spend little time networking and approaching businesses. I decided to do something about it! I joined LinkedIn.. I have no idea what I’m doing on there, so I’m kind of winging it at the minute.
I also realised I needed to make the most of my creativity when marketing my business. So I have decided to work on some designs for corporate business cards, ready for when I’m networking. I have A LOT of hard work coming up and I want to make the most of it! I’m not going to divulge too much info on it though, that would spoil the surprise. I did some searching for inspiration and found some really fun business card idea’s. The ones below were my favourites.

Ninja Business Cards

Toxic Puppy Business Cards

Lush Lawn and Property Enhancement Business Cards

Jay Kwong Business Cards
Ok that’s just a small handful of the ones I liked, but search for inventive Business cards in a search engine and you can find some really good ones :)
That’s about it from me today, but I will let you know I am planning a super secret tutorial, so watch out over the next few weeks. Have a great weekend!

No comments: